About the Property
Flamingo is located on the North West shore of Costa Rica, on the Pacific Ocean.
- Our property is 35 Ha / 70+ Acres, 10% manicured and the remainder is in a natural state
- 5 Minutes from the Pacific Ocean
- Two hour drive to Nicaraguan Border
- Approximately 100km / 65 miles from Arenal Volcano
- Approximately 120km / 75 miles from Montezuma waterfall
- Approximately 135km / 85 miles from La Fortuna waterfall
- Approximately 290km / 182 miles from the capital, San José
Villas Casa Loma is located on the North-West Pacific coast in the province of Guanacaste, which is also the driest area of Costa Rica. There is virtually no rainfall from about mid-November until late April or May. Generally, rains are light until late August. Frequent and extensive sunny periods are common even during the heavier rainy period. Locals refer to this beautiful season as "The Green Season" or "winter"
The Property: Our immediate property consists of 5 luxury villas set on a hillside, offering some unsurpassed views of the Pacific Ocean, Flamingo Beach and Marina, the surrounding hills and valleys of this enchanted land. Our property is approximately 35+ hectares (70+ acres) which we keep in a natural state as a wildlife preserve for the many indigenous birds and animals.
Guanacaste Province is relatively dry (low humidity much of the year) and sunny. Average daily temperatures are in the low 30's celcius (85 fahrenheit) during the day, cooler at night.
GPS coordinates: 10.435906,- 85.777481
Guanacaste has both a “green” and a“gold” season. The green season begins in May with daily light, temperate rains which increase moderately through June, July, and August and becoming heavier during September and October. The landscape during this season is lush, tropical, and breathtaking! November marks the start of the“gold season” when the rains stop and the coastline slowly dries out through the winter months. April is the hottest and driest month of the year. During the “gold season” the landscape takes on the look of an African landscape and the hills turn“gold”. The Guanacaste coastline along the north west of Costa Rica is a dramatic and rich area offering wonderful opportunities for all kinds of ocean water and land activities! For example, Playa Conchal is a dramatic shell beach, Playa Flamingo offers soft white beaches, while nearby Playa Danta offers a lovely calm bay with several islands just offshore. All are located in the heart of Guanacaste's “GoldCoast”.
Water and air temperature along this stretch of the coast are consistently around 85 degrees - year round!
Fall asleep and then awake to the restful sounds of the magnificent Pacific Ocean. Share a few happy moments with our resident howler monkeys and parrots. Stroll the delightful sands of a wide variety of beaches– each with its own special charm and character.
Relax in the cristal clear waters of our pools. Stretch out on one of our extensive sunning terraces situated on many levels throughout the compound. Read in the shade of a pergola festooned with tropical flowers, or watch the lazy iguanas, geckos, butterflies, hummingbirds, or raucous local jays and mot-mots
In addition our gardens and nature preserve offer up myriad of fruits such as mangos, papaya, coconuts, bananas, limes, lemons, oranges, guavas, etc. Our guests are always encouraged to harvest and enjoy our fruits.
By night our extensive gardens and meandering staircases are lit up, creating intriguing and romantic vistas.
A wide variety of restaurants lie within 10 – 30 minutes of our property. Several beach restaurants, hillside restaurants and inland restaurants – many with live entertainment - , offer a cornucopia of dining delights!
All manner of sports activities abound in the area. Three 18 hole golf courses are all within an easy drive. Scuba, ocean sport fishing, horsebackriding, jet ski rentals, beaching, surfing, birding, hiking, volcanoes, dry , rain and cloud forest parks are all within easy reach. So much to do … or opt to do nothing at all!
Liberia InternationalAirport (LIR) is just 55 minutes from Villas Casa Loma and offers daily non-stop flights to Miami, Houston,Dallas, Newark, New York, and many other destinations. Airlines serving Liberia are predominantly American Airlines via Dallas or Miami,Continental Airlines via Houston, and Delta Airlines. A large number of other Scheduled and Charter carriers offer flights from Canada and Europe as well.
Your hosts are Dr. Igor Svoboda and Thomas (Tom) Graydon
The trip from San Jose to Flamingo Beach is approximately 4 1/2 hours by car or airconditioned bus. We will be pleased to furnish you with driving directions from San Jose or Liberia along with your Reservation Confirmation. - (Please see under VILLAS RATES - Reservation Deposits for details.)
- The trip from San Jose to Flamingo Beach is approximately 4 1/2 hours by car or airconditioned bus.
- We are located about a 50 minute drive from Liberia International Airport.
It is recommended to rent a car if planning sightseeing or touring around. A few links are included for your convenience. There are many other car rental agencies in Costa Rica, and it is adviseable to shop around before leaving home.
LIBERIA - (Daniel Oduber Quierros International Airport - LIR)
Liberia Airport is a mere 50 minutes from Villas Casa Loma by paved roads
Scheduled Airline Flights to Liberia:
- American Airlines flies via Miami to Liberia.
- Continental Airlines flies via Houston, Texas and Newark, New Jersey to Liberia Airport.
- Delta Airlines flies via Atlanta direct to Liberia 5 times per week.
- US Air
- United Airlines
For other air carriers please check with your Travel Agent or Airlines.
Direct Charter Flights to Liberia:
- Skyservice - direct flights from Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver to Liberia.
- Air Transat - direct flights from Toronto and other Canadian departure points.
- MLT Vacations - direct flights from Dallas, Minneapolis and Ft. Worth, Detroit to Liberia.
- Vacation Express and Pace Airlines - direct flights from Atlanta, Baltimore, Charlotte, Cincinatti Louisville and Nashville to Liberia.
- Air Canada
- Sun Wing
For other Charter Flights, please check with your Travel Agent or Airlines.
SAN JOSE - (Juan Santamaria International Airport - SJO)
San Jose International Airport is approximately 4.5 hours scenic drive to Villas Casa Loma on good paved roads.
- There are a number of scheduled carriers flying from Europe, Canada, the U.S. and South America to San Jose (Juan Santamaria International Airport ).
- We will be pleased to furnish you with driving instructions from San Jose or Liberia along with your Reservation Confirmation if you wish.
- There are also internal flights from San Jose to nearby Tamarindo or to Liberia airport by local carriers: SANSA & Nature Air and others.
DOMESTIC (Internal) AIRPORTS: (For internal flights which originate inside Costa Rica*)
LIBERIA - 50 minutes from Villas Casa Loma.
TAMARINDO - 20 minutes from Villas Casa Loma.
* INTERNAL CARRIERS: LACSA, SANSA, NATURE AIR & others.
As airline services are subject to change, please consult with your Travel Agent for specific details.